On Instagram, drafts are a unique feature that lets you to save a post that you are in the process of creating, but aren’t ready to publish yet. When you create a post, you have a choice to save it as a draft by clicking on the “Save Draft” button at the bottom of the screen. This will save the post to your drafts folder, where you can get and use it later.
Drafts can be a valuable feature if you need to take a break from making a post, or if you want to work on a post for a longer period of time. They also help if you need to work together with others on a post, as you can share the draft with others and work on it together prior to publishing it.
Drafts are usually saved locally on your device, so logging out of your account or switching to a different device, won’t make them accessible. Moreover, drafts can only be saved for regular Instagram posts but not for Instagram Stories or Reels. For Reels and Stories, you need to tap the gallery icon from the editor and tap the ‘Drafts’ group.
How Long Do Drafts Remain Available on Instagram?
Instagram Reel and post drafts stay available via the Instagram app open-endedly. Instagram Story drafts, on the other hand, tend to disappear permanently after seven days.
Reasons for using draft feature
People use the draft feature on Instagram for different reasons. Here are a few common ones:
- To refine their content
- To plan their content
- To collaborate with others
- To take a break from creating a post
Overall, the draft feature on Instagram can be a supportive tool for anyone who wants to create high-quality, polished matter for their followers. It allows users to take their time, make changes as required, and make sure that their posts are as good as they can be before publishing them.
Ways to Find a Draft on Instagram
Want to find a draft on Instagram that you really worked hard to create, follow these steps:
- Visit the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “+” sign icon at the bottom mid of the screen to generate a new post.
- Add the matter you want to save as a draft, let that be a photo, video, or text.
- Edit the post as you wish, adding captions, filters, tags, and other details.
- When you’re prepared to save the post as a draft, click the “Back” arrow at the top left of the screen. This will let you return you to the main post creation screen.
- Tap “Save Draft” at the end of the screen to save the post as a draft.
By following these steps, you should be able to easily find and edit any drafts you’ve saved on Instagram.
Saving Instagram drafts lets you do more changes to your content later and make a post-approval system between your agency and your clients.
From a substance booking point, Instagram drafts likewise let you look at incongruities of a similar post next to each other.