Blue Dot on text messages is the most precious one eyed by all, but for what reasons any takes?
What a blue dot on text messages really mean is subjected to on which messaging app or platform it is being used. First let me share a few examples to help you out:
- iMessage: In the iMessage app on Apple devices, a blue dot subsequent to a dialogue thread specifies that there are unread messages in that conversation. Once you have read all the messages, the blue dot will disappear of its own.
- WhatsApp: Are there are novel messages in that chat that you have read yet. That’s why it found a place in your WhatsApp (androids), as a blue dot.
- Facebook Messenger: In Facebook Messenger, a blue dot next to a conversation indicates that there are new messages or new activity in that conversation that you have not yet read.
Blue Dot on Text Message Bothers
The blue dot on a text message may bother people especially in the below cases:
- If someone likes to keep their inbox ordered and free of notifications. For these, finding a blue dot on a message that they have already read or answered to may cause aggravation or anxiety.
- for people suffering from anxiety or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), the blue dot on a text message can source stress or trigger compulsive behaviors. They may feel the need to check and re-check their messages to confirm that there are no unread messages or notifications.
- For some, the blue dot may also cause misperception or misunderstandings. For example, if someone is waiting for a reply to an important message, they may assume that the blue dot indicates that the recipient has not yet read the message, when in fact they have already read it.
Overall, the blue dot on a text message may not bother everyone, but it can be a source of annoyance, stress, or confusion for some individuals.
Get Rid of Blue Dot on Text
Do you want to know if you can get rid of the blue dot on a text message? In such case, you will need to open the message and read it. The blue dot typically indicates that there are unread messages or new activity in a conversation. Once you have read the message and also responded to it, or taken any necessary action, the blue dot should go away of its own.
If you are that someone who is looking for way to get rid of the blue dot, then try the following steps:
- Are you sure that you have a steady internet connection? Sometimes, a poor connection can cause messages to appear as unread, even if you have previously read them.
- Rejuvenate the conversation or app. You can try closing the app and reopening it, or gliding your fingers down on the messaging page of the concerned platform, to refresh the conversation.
- You can mark the message as read. In some messaging apps, you can mark a message as read manually. For example, in iMessage on an iPhone, you can swipe left on a message and tap “Mark as Read” to remove the blue dot.
Next time if you feel troubled in handling or getting rid of the blue dot, you can try the above suggested steps and still If none of this work, you may need to contact the app’s support team for further assistance.